Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy 31st Birthday Douglas!

The cute birthday boy

Douglas and his mom, Darlene

Gracie handed him his wrapped DVD and said "It's a surprise Batman Movie Dad!"


Sugar cookies, Mmmmm.

Gracie and Marley used fingerpaints to make Douglas pictures and a card.

So proud of her artwork.

Dressed up and ready to go on a date!



Happy Birthday to Douglas! Douglas turned 31 on the 18th. Luckily, he wasn't extremely sick like on his last birthday. To celebrate, we went on a date to sushi and to the movie Valkyrie. The food was great and so was the movie. I would highly recommend it. I was a little bummed that I already knew the outcome and I kept wishing that everything would magically work itself out. But, it was still very good.
For his birthday breakfast we had pecan waffles with fresh strawberries and sausage. We had some awesome Soup and polenta for lunch. (made by the birthday boy)
Gracie helped me make sugar cookies which Douglas requested instead of cake. She is a good little cookie maker. The kids loved finger painting pictures for him and making his card. Actually Marley hated having the paint on his hands, but we at least got a couple good hand prints. Douglas got some good presents especially his night vision scope from his Dad. I feel so blessed to celebrate the birthday of my amazing husband who brings me so much happiness. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

Looks like fun - happy birthday Douglas!