Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gracie's Rainbow Dash

Gracie and her new Rainbow Dash


Helping Grandpa fix the toilet


Gracie is great with a screwdriver


Helping Grandpa with the leaves.

Raking leaves with Mom



Last week we were browsing through the toy section at Wal-mart and Gracie saw a My little pony named Rainbow Dash. At Christmas Grandma and Grandpa Sessions gave her a pony named Sweetie Belle and she's been hooked every sense. She asked for the pony and Douglas told her that if she wanted it she could earn some money by doing extra chores to help out. I was excited because she has so many new toys and I didn't want to just give her another. Gracie was excited because we didn't immediately say no and she loves helping out anyway. Over the next week she helped empty the dishwasher, take the bottles and paper to the recycling center, help grandpa fix the toilet, help mom rake the leaves, and keep her room extra clean. It was so much fun to have her cheerfully help. She earned over twenty dollars (thanks to Grandpa who paid her about ten of those dollars for her plumbing job) We headed to Wal-mart to get the pony and then she insisted on buying Marley a toy too. So sweet! So Gracie got her Rainbow dash and Marley got a firetruck. She was very excited to give the cashier the money and get her change back. I think she learned a lot and she's enjoyed telling everyone that she earned it herself.


3 comments:

The Bunker Family said...

That is so awesome that you are teaching Gracie about earning money already! She is so sweet to buy something for Marley, too. What a cutie!

Benica and Fam said...

That is so cute!! I hope one day Kelden will help so willingly. He is a pretty good little helper when he wants to be. thanks for the advice. I really needed some. Still not sleeping very well, but things are getting better with the hitting. I hope all is going well!! Oh I definatly let the tears flow! I wish everyone lived a little closer so it wasn't so long between visits! Love ya!
Jessica

The Harwood Family said...

Anita! I found your blog through Christine Goldhardt's. Your kids are so very cute. I remember how much I loved My Little Pony as a kid, it's great that your are teaching Gracie about hard work!