Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Time

Celsee and Breje at our Beehive breakfast last saturday.
We had crepes and breakfast casserole. Yum!
My battle with the weeds. I like hiding in the tomatillos!

Ooooh...bubbles!

Sweet Gracie

We were trying to keep the kids outside while we worked in the garden.
The bubble machine worked like a charm!

Marley's new favorite, "skiptures"

Marley loves his Elmo slippers!

Marley loves saying prayers. He started saying his own. So cute!!!

Froggie Girl

Gracie is terrified of the vacuum! She saved all the unsuspecting toys from their death.


Church was a little rough today. Both kids were really active and loud and I wasn't very patient towards the end. So, after church as we were changing into play clothes I apologized to the kids for being an impatient mommy. Gracie replied "It's okay mommy, we're not mad at you!" then Marley said "Kay Mom, I duh doo."(I love you) and then he blew me a kiss. So Sweet! I felt so much better and I feel grateful that kids are so forgiving even when I don't do the best job.
Now that we have had food and naps I figure it's good time to catch up the blog.

We've had a few weeks at home and it's been so nice. It's nice to enjoy our home and little family. We've worked in the yard and the garden alot and we're finally starting to catch up to the weeds. We have more cucumbers than we know what to do with and we picked our first melons, corn, and tomatoes. Yeah!!! I understand why my Mom loved being in the garden so much when I was little. It's so peaceful and you can really think and feel the spirit. It's also very gratifying to reap what you sow.

We are trying to beat the heat and we've been doing a lot of puzzles which are Gracie's new favorite. We've gotten together with several families in our ward and we even got to go boating with the Skidmore family. We all piled into their boat (4 adults 6 kids) and went wake boarding, tubing and knee boarding. Gracie loved the tube and wanted to stay on it the whole time. Douglas did really good on the wake board, especially for only going a few times before. It is so nice to have a lake so close! It's nice to have friends in San Angelo and we are loving the slow pace of the summer. We know it's going to be crazy once Douglas and Gracie start school!
Here are a few random pictures of what we've been up to.

1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

It looks like you are having a lot of fun - love the pictures!