Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our trip to Dallas




The Dallas Temple


Papi and Gracie


Gracie copied the mummy


At the Dallas Museum of Art King Tut exhibit







Little Monkey



Sweet Girl


So excited!!!



I love this picture of Gracie!
She was so excited to go on the carousel!!!

Over spring break we spent a week in Dallas. My mother in law, Darlene had back surgery and we wanted to be there with her. The surgery went well and she's now recovering at our house so I hope we'll be good nurses:) It gave us a good reason to get away and we had an eventful week!
While we were in Dallas we celebrated our 7th Anniversary at a restaurant called Fogo de Chao. It was the nicest restaurant I've ever been to. It's a brazilian restaurant with an amazing salad bar with cheese, breads, salads and vegetables. Then, servers dressed as gaucho's come around with pieces of meat on a spit and carve it for you at the table. It was so delicious and we ate until we were sick. It reminded Douglas of Argentina. They had the yummiest little cheese filled rolls and fried bananas. We even splurged on dessert and had flan and key lime pie. Yum!
On Sunday we went to a church for sacrament meeting and found out it was a singles ward. We were definitely the loudest ones there. Our kids were very good but still interrupted the silence of the meeting.
Monday we stretched our legs at the Dallas Zoo. The kids loved running around and especially enjoyed the carousel. Gracie rode on a horse and Marley rode on a Gorilla. It was so fun! I think I had as much fun as the kids.
Tuesday we went to the Dallas Temple. It was nice to be there because Douglas took out his endowments there over 10 years ago and this was the first time he'd been back. The kids had fun seeing the outside and Grandpa took care of them while we were inside. During the session I passed out for a few minutes. I was pretty embarrassed and we didn't finish the session. I guess I was overtaken by the spirit :) After some rest, I felt fine. I guess the lack of sleep and eating fast food caught up with me.
Wednesday, we went to the Dallas museum of Art to see the King Tut exhibit. It was so cool!! The artifacts were so beautiful and colorful and the kids even enjoyed it. It's amazing that the pieces have been preserved so well for all these years.
After the exhibit we headed home. It's about a 4 hour drive and the kids did so well!
We had such a great trip. The kids were so good and we're all happy to be home.










No comments: