Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mother's Day

Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.- Lin Yutang
To celebrate Mother's Day, Douglas and the kids surprised me with breakfast in bed and gifts. They were so excited and I felt very loved! Then we drove to Odessa to spend time with his Parents. We all went to church together and then Darlene and I enjoyed our relaxation the rest of the day. Douglas and Riley took care of everything! Douglas took care of the kiddo's and made sure that I got a nap and then he and his dad cooked an amazing meal topped off with Pecan Pie. Yummy! Then more gifts. Clothes and shoes mostly, which I was very excited about!
It's so nice to feel loved and recognized for such a special role that we get to play. I'm grateful for such a great Mother who taught me well and continues to show her support for me everyday.
Nutella on toast is ususally on the breakfast menu when you visit
Grandma and Grandpa. Gracie was very excited!
Our little family

Douglas and his parents

Presents!

New clothes!

1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

Sounds like you were appropriately spoiled! You guys are looking so skinny and healthy - way to go!