Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Part 4- Weekend Getaway in Dallas- No Doubt!!!!

A night out on the town

So excited to be at the concert! It was hot!


Sweet opening!!



Gwen, Tom and Tony- They were amazing performers!



Gwen had some really cute outfits!


Last song....sniff, sniff.


Douglas and I have had this weekend planned since No Doubt tickets went on sale a couple months ago. It came at the end of a crazy week, but it was perfect timing to get away. Driving for 4 hours was amazing! Just the 2 of us. No dvd player, sippy cups, screaming or interuptions. It was so quiet. Douglas and I had 4 uninterupted hours to talk and laugh and sing. It was awesome! I love our kids so much and having time away from them is such a nice refresher!

We arrived at our hotel and got an upgrade to a suite, very nice! Then we headed to the Dallas temple. It is such a beautiful temple especially at night. We finished the whole session unlike last time we were there, and it was so nice to be there and leave all our daily stress behind. Afterwards we ate at Wingstop. We miss it and it is so delicious! Then we drove around down town Dallas and took in all the city lights. Dallas has a really great look at night. So many tall buildings with bright lights. (A little bit different from San Angelo)

The next day was the day of the concert, so we slept in, did some shopping at a real mall and discovered the most amazing sushi place we have ever been to. It even topped Kyoto in Salt Lake which has been our favorite for 8 years. It's called Kazi if you're ever in the Dallas area and need some good sushi. The Sushi was heavenly and the people were so nice. They even sent extra sushi for us to sample. Yum!!!

Then it was time for the concert. Whoo!!!! I wore the outfit Douglas bought for me for Mother's Day and spent extra time on my hair and makeup. I'm a dork I know, but I've been waiting to see No Doubt in concert for a long time! We headed to the concert and got caught in the worst traffic. Of course I cried and threw a little fit, but Douglas figured out a way to get around traffic and we found ourselves in a pretty scary neighborhood. Thank goodness for GPS and Douglas because we finally got to the concert! Hallelujah! We could hear Paramore playing so we knew No Doubt wasn't on stage yet. Happy Day because my heart was pounding and I was on the verge of tears again. It's sounds crazy, but I was just so excited and I didn't want to miss it.
We bought our t-shirts and poster and headed to our seats. Waiting, waiting, waiting for Paramore to finish and the stage to be set...... and then there they were behind the white curtain.
Lots of screaming!!!! They started out with the song Spider Webs and they were even better than I imagined. There was so much energy in the place and it was so loud!! The band was amazing live and Gwen looked so stylin! They played all of their best songs minus 2 (Oi to the world and Hey You, in case you were wondering:) and had really great videos behind them. Douglas and I both had so much fun and Douglas took all the awesome pictures and videos so I could just enjoy it. So sweet! I would go see them again in a heart beat! It was amazing. The only thing I'd like more would be to meet them. I can dream right?

The next morning we got a late check out and slept in. Then we packed our bags, headed to Kazi for Sushi one more time and then drove home. It was an amazing weekend to spend with my best friend and see my favorite band. Thank you Douglas for spoiling me and being such a great spouse. I am so lucky! It was so nice to have time all to ourselves. Thanks to my in laws, Darlene and Riley for watching our sweet, crazy kids all weekend. They can be a handfull!

It was nice to come home and see our beautiful kids and now we are all trying to recover and get back on our schedule. Gracie was so excited for us because we got to see Gwen. Both the kids loved our pictures and have been singing No Doubt songs for the past 3 days.
I'm so blessed to have such a great husband, two beautiful kids and a great life. It was a great weekend to start out fresh!

2 comments:

Our Dowland Journal said...

I love No Doubt! I got to see them when they opened for U2 a while ago. I couldn't believe how much energy Gwen had, I was very impressed by her. She is a great entertainer!

Anonymous said...

What an adventure! So exciting to see No Doubt, I was happy to hear they'd be getting together again. Bands are so much better than the solo singer, imo. :)

Glad you had fun!