Friday, March 5, 2010

Snow Again!!

Last Monday the 22nd, Gracie came home from school saying the next day they probably wouldn't have school because of the snow. I laughed because we've had snow 4 times this year and none in the past 4 years. Of those 4 times this year the snow has stuck to the ground only once for more than an hour. They didn't cancel school that day, so I just knew it wouldn't be cancelled the next day. I didn't even think it would actually snow.
Well Mother nature and our 4 year old proved me wrong! The next morning we woke up to a blanket of beautiful snow. It was spectacular and it continued for most of the day. Douglas let me sleep in and he fed the kids and bundled them up to go outside. What a sweet husband!
We had fun playing in all the white stuff and Douglas taught Gracie to make snow angels. Gracie's school was cancelled and Douglas had delayed class which was eventually cancelled too! My young women's meeting was cancelled and so we had nothing we HAD to do all day. It was great! We played in the snow, drank hot chocolate, watched movies and I got most of the laundry folded. I actually like doing chores when I don't have to.
It was a great day away from regular life and we enjoyed it through and through. We were blessed with about 5 inches all together and it stayed through the next day. This year of snow will definitely be remembered!

Gracie had snowflakes on her eyelashes

Douglas was very excited to play dress up and try out his new waterproof camo.

Snow makes me happy!

Monkey see-

Monkey do!

What a smile!

What do you do when snow gets in your gloves?
You get Papi to fix them! He can fix anything.

Sword fight!

2 comments:

The Harwood Family said...

I am glad you are getting a good dose of snow this year, but I have to say, you know you live in Texas when 5 inches of snow is enough to cancel school!

Douglas, Anita, Gracie, & Marley said...

It's true! The roads were only bad for a few hours, but the people will forever be terrible drivers who drive 5 to 10 miles under the speed limit and brake at the slightest pothole. It's very maddening especially after driving in Salt Lake.
Anyway. we enjoyed having the extra day even if it was a bit silly.