Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gracie and Me


Over the last few months I took a Parenting class at Gracie's school. I grew really close to the other Mom's and the instructors. We learned many things including new communication methods and ways to discipline without spanking. I'm not sure if I'm a better parent after taking the class, but I'm trying.
At the end of the class there was a dinner where they recognized parents and presented us with certificates for completing the class. They took pictures of the families and gave door prizes. Douglas and Marley were sick, so Gracie was my date. It was a fun night to celebrate the role of parenting which is overlooked and generally unappreciated by the world.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweet picture of the two of you:)

The Bunker Family said...

I would love to know what you learned - I'm always looking for good parenting advice. I love the picture of you two, you look absolutely beautiful!

Summers Family said...

Cute picture... can I get some of that advice?