Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Fun!!

Halloween is such a fun holiday and Gracie and Marley LOVED it this year! Gracie was very excited to decorate the house and she told me that she would really like some of those big inflatable characters in our front yard. I said no, but we still did lots of fun activities to feel the halloween spirit. The kids loved singing halloween songs, making cookies, carving pumpkins and driving past houses with lots of decorations. There was one particular house the kids loved on the way to school. Every morning they were so excited to see the pumpkins, skull, witch, cat and spider webs. They went all out and the kids enjoyed it very much. I'm going to have to thank those people! Here are some pictures of the kids doing fun halloween activities.

Making Jack-O-Lanterns
They didn't like like the gooey stuff, but they were troopers and still pulled it out.

As a reward for doing well in school, Gracie and I put together this skeleton. She was excited to work towards a reward and she loved using the fasteners to make him move and dance.

Halloween Jammies
I just couldn't turn down these skeleton pajamas!
The kids love them because they glow in the dark.

It just wouldn't be halloween without sugar cookies.
I'm not sure Gracie has enough sprinkles.

cookies, frosting and sprinkles.....makes happy kids
(and a big mess, but it's totally worth it!)

After helping me sweep up the sprinkles, Gracie stood up on her chair and lip synked to Thriller, her favorite song. It was quite a performance and she asked me to play it over and over again.
A few months ago she asked me if we could go to a Michael Jackson and Vincent Price concert and hear Thriller. It was so cute! We had quite a conversation after explaining why that wasn't possible.

Marley's Thriller Pose
Each day when we get in the car he askes me to play Eye of the Tiger and Fridder (Thriller)
He just can't get enough!

2 comments:

Summers Family said...

How fun! I need to get better about decorating for holidays other than Christmas!

Amber Hooten said...

I have been so bad at reading blogs lately! Sounds like you all had a fun Halloween! I love Gracie's school picture!!! She was adorable at the program. I love watching Elyse as well! It is so hard seeing them grow up so fast. I treasure every moment as I am sure you do as well!