Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our sweet Gracie

This post is dedicated to our sweet Gracie. This is Gracie's pre-k school picture. I couldn't pass up buying it because it's so classic Gracie with the crazy hair and sweet smile.
Today was Gracie's first Primary program sacrament meeting. She was very excited and jumped up out of her seat when I told her it was time to go sit up front. The moment she got up there she started waving to us and continued throughout most of the program. It was sweet and funny! We were trying to signal to her to sit down and be reverent, but she just couldn't contain her excitement! Our primary is really large and the whole stand was full with lots of extra chairs set up. I think there were 60 to 70 kids. All the 14 sunbeams, including Gracie, were lined up right in the front. Their theme was My Eternal Family and they sang The Family is of God, which is such an amazing song, and of course I start bawling! (This was a really bad day to wear black liquid eyeliner! I was a smudgy mess) The Valiant 9 class got up and said there parts perfectly and then it was the sunbeam classes turn. The kids did so well telling something that they do with a family member that makes them happy. When it was Gracie's turn she froze a little and shook her head like she wasn't going to participate. Then she changed her mind and said, "I like to make cookies with my Mom........and go to McDonald's.........and then I go to bed....... and I love my Mom!" She was definitely improvising, but it was just so heart felt and sincere. She was so excited and I was feeling so blessed. It was one of those great moments when you feel so blessed to be a Mom and have such a wonderful little child to take care of. Gracie was very proud and continued beaming throughout the program. When she came back to sit with us she gave us huge hugs and kisses and said, "I'm so happy!" It was the best sacrament meeting we have had in a long time.
We feel really blessed to have such a curious, happy, vibrant, imaginative, strong little girl in our family. Gracie is such a blessing in our family!

3 comments:

The Bunker Family said...

That is so sweet! I'm so glad Gracie's first primary program went so well. I'm sure she brought smiles to everyone's faces. Wish we could have been there to see her!

LaurieSue said...

Precious! Thanks for sharing this with us. :)

Celeste said...

what a fun memory. thanks for sharing!