Monday, November 10, 2008

Gracie's funny thought

Today breakfast was crazier than most for some reason. Marley threw his milk on the floor over and over splashing little white drops all over the chair legs and floor. He spit every bite of his applesauce at me and laughed about it. Gracie was talking a hundred miles a minute and not paying any attention to her cereal and I finally broke down! I started crying and needed some consoling from Douglas, who was getting ready for school. Gracie looked at me very concerned and asked " Mommy, why are you crying? Did you have too much water?" I guess it was exactly what I needed because it made me laugh. It would make perfect sense to cry when your body has too much water. She's a thoughtful little girl. I feel much better now.
Over the last week Gracie has been calling me Aurora and she prefers to be called Ariel, so after I cried she hugged me and said "It's okay Aurora, don't cry." She's very sweet. It's amazing how kids can cause you to feel such strong emotions.

4 comments:

Ted said...

Welcome to MOMHOOD! I'll bet you're a great one!

Krystal said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing that story.

Britt said...

Hey Anita! This is Britt from Pineview 13. Your kids are so cute! Kids say the greatest things, my boys cheered the other night because I "fixed" a weird noise our truck was making.

Celeste said...

super cute!