Sunday, March 29, 2009

Midnight Bandit!!




Last night Anita put Gracie to bed then went to take a shower. While Anita was in the shower I was finishing some math homework. While I was doing my homework, Gracie got out of bed. I put her back in bed with a warning that if she got out of bed again she would get a spanking. She said she didn't want a spanking and would stay in bed. I finished my homework and started preparing a lesson to teach today in elders quorum. I was in the dinning room and Anita was still in the shower. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small figure stealing by to our bedroom. Gracie was trying to get mom's help. Apparently Anita could not hear Gracie over the shower. So the little bandit tried to sneak past me back into her bedroom. I was watching for her and as she stealthily tried to sneak by I called her to me with out even looking back at her. She stopped in her tracks and came into the dining room sheepishly. I questioned her why she had gotten out of bed. Her reply was "Because I wanted a spankin'!" I couldn't help but laugh and she began to laugh too. I asked her if she really wanted a spanking and she fessed up and said that she didn't. So, I put her back in bed with no spanking. However, we did agree that if she got out of bed again she would not be able to play with a balloon she had gotten that day. She stayed in bed the rest of the night and played with her balloon first thing this morning!

3 comments:

taffy said...

What a softie you've become

The Bunker Family said...

That is hilarious! It sounds like Sydney saying she wants to go to time out when we threaten it. Not sure how to explain that it's actually a punishment!

Celeste said...

That reminds me of when Dan was upset with Lilly because she wasn't doing what he told her. She bowed to him and said in a booming royal voice: "But I need your help, your highness!" These cute kids sure know how to get our guard down!